I trust you had a great break and that you are inspired and re energised for another year.
2018 will be another big year for the AIB with a number of new initiatives coming on line:
We have the launched the inaugural 2018 Professional Excellence in Building Awards in Hong Kong. Whilst it will be a modest start this year, we will run an Awards Presentation at or around the same time as the Hong Kong Annual General meeting mid-year and hopefully see some of those entries move through to the National Awards in Australia later this year.
- Meanwhile nominations are now open for the Australian Professional Excellence in Building Awards. I’m both surprised and delighted about just how many entries have already been submitted around Australia. It looks as though it will be a big year to showcase the industry
- I am happy to announce that Dr Robyn Hardy has been appointed as the new Chair of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for the organisation. The focus this year will be to commission new material that is specifically relevant and targeted at AIB members. It’s also hoped that in time to come we will be able to share material with other like – minded organisations and them with us as well
- We are also happy to announce that we are soon set for a trial (Western Sydney University) of a new joint venture with St John Ambulance Australia – that being the combined delivery of a two (2) day White Card/First Aid course. While there are many organisations delivering both of these courses, this is the first time that an organisation such as ours has joined forces with the 150 year old trusted brand of St John. More detail to come
- We welcome Adam Rennie from NSW to our National Council line up for 2018. Adam’s enthusiasm, experience and someone with youth on their side will be a great addition to our strategic thinking and forward planning with our younger current and future members
- We also welcome our National Senior Vice President David Burnell on board as our new Chair of Membership. David’s experience and passion for not for profit member based association thinking will be a breath of fresh air. We welcome his review of our Membership Value Proposition
Have a great weekend everyone
AIB Chief Executive Officer