We recently met up with the new NSW Government Building Commissioner, David Chandler. Both National President, David Burnell, myself and one of the AIB’s NSW Chapter Vice President’s had an initial free flowing discussion around a number of points including:
- How the AIB can assist with the reform that David’s Department will be committing to over the next five years
- The ongoing negative media coverage of the industry and how we can do our bit to put some balance into this issue
- Some of the key outcomes of the recent Constructing Our World conference in Sydney
- Key meetings that the AIB has had with Tier 1 firms and their feedback etc
Once David’s future planning becomes more public, I will be sure to pass this on. With the end of the year fast approaching and Christmas mere weeks away we have been preparing for next year and have opened submissions for the 2020 Professional Excellence in Building Awards!!!
In addition, we have launched a dedicated website for our much talked about annual program. Features of the site include:
- A photo gallery of previous winners and events
- Links and news for all upcoming state, territory and national awards programs
- Spotlight on previous Building Professional of the Year winners
- One stop shop to buy Award function tickets online
- Copies of past Awards magazines covering both nominations and finalists
See the site here. Many thanks to Awards Coordinator, Abbey Czudek for creating the new site. I believe it is long overdue and will make quite a difference in the way we market and generally communicate the events.
Have a great weekend ahead everyone.