The Les Thompson Memorial Grant in Construction Management will be awarded to a student who has completed a Diploma of Building Construction at TAFE and is enrolled in the Bachelor of Construction Management and Economics (honours or the Bachelor of Construction Management and Economics Program on the basis of academic merit and an interview. The successful candidate will receive a $2,000 grant.
To be eligible for this grant, applicants must:
- have completed a TAFE Diploma of Building Construction
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- be enrolled fulltime in the Bachelor of Construction Management and Economics (Honours) or the Bachelor of Construction Management and Economics Course
- not be in receipt of any other scholarship or grant
- have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.5 or above
- have an idea of their future within the building and construction industry and how the grant will help them
- be a Student Member of the AIB
- be willing to act as a positive ambassador for the Australian Institute of Building
Applicants will be require to:
- submit an online application
- submit a 500-word written statement outlining reasons for applying, an unofficial transcript showing previous grades and GPA, and a current curriculum vitae
- submit a completed TAFE SA Diploma of Building Construction academic transcript
- attend an interview
Value: $2,000 Grant
The Grant will be jointly managed by AIB and TAFE SA.
AIB reserves the right not to award the Grant in any particular year. TAFE SA reserves the right to make changes to the name of programs or courses.