Membership of the Australian Institute of Building (AIB) is open to all individuals who contribute to the development of the built environment. Through AIB membership you have the opportunity to:
- Influence building policy in Australia (including at a State and Territory level) and internationally.
- Make a positive contribution to the establishment and review of university courses in building and construction management.
- Demonstrate best practice through the professional excellence in building awards.
- Promote building and construction management as a discrete profession, recognised as making a significant contribution to the built environment.
- Obtain recognition as a Chartered Building Professional with your skills and experience independently assessed.
The AIB membership includes managers of building and construction firms, project managers, site mangers, academics in building related disciplines, students and allied professionals such as accountants, lawyers and building surveyors. Membership of the AIB provides many direct benefits that include:
- Professional recognition.
- Advocacy to protect the interests of the profession.
- Building professional relationships.
- Keeping you informed.
- Discounts on publications, merchandise, insurance and hotel rooms.
AIB membership is a unique way of demonstrating your status as a Chartered Building Professional with a commitment to excellence and life-long learning. It also demonstrates your support for AIB’s work in making a positive contribution to policy that influences the work of the building and construction industry and the ongoing viability of tertiary courses in building and construction management.
AIB Members can also participate in the work of the AIB through involvement in their local chapter committee, through national working groups and committees or as a Chapter representative on the AIBs National Council.